Friday, September 26, 2008

How Thoughtful!


I do declare that I have the sweetest boy around. Myles has always been one to please and help me. Since Evelyn's arrival he has magnified that 100%. Rarely complaining and being very careful with my aches and pains. Recently at the dinner table he volunteered to say the prayer. Jeremy reminded him to thank Heavenly Father for our new baby sister. Sometimes I wish I could get inside the heads of my children as they are thinking and understanding the world around them. As Myles proceeds to pray, he surprised us with "and please bless Evelyn that when she grows up and is 16 years old, she can be a Mamma like my Mamma." (My eyes pop open!!) And to make sure God heard him, he says it again, "when she is 16 years old help her be a Mamma also." (Now Jeremy and I are looking at each other, suppressing the giggles and surprise). As we start to eat, he turns to me, "Did you hear what I prayed for?" He reaches out to hug me, one of those heartfelt ones he gives. "I prayed that she can be a Mamma like you." What a compliment to me, but please, dear God, not at the age of 16. "Very thoughtful of you Myles, very thoughtful!"

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Very cute pics. I'm glad all went well. Love the stories of the kids. Don't they say the funniest things?

Beth said...

Congratulations, Angela and Jeremy! Have you figured out how she may have inherited her dark hair?

Reeses Pieces said...

It was so good to see you at the Stubb's and to meet your little one. What a cutie she is. I still can't believe all of that dark hair she has. I love it!

The Palmers said...

I just read this to Jon. We both laughed. Children's prayers are the best!

HJ said...

I do declare. CHildren are definately from a heavenly place how else could they be so heavenly.