Thursday, September 4, 2008

We've survived!

Our little man has survived the first few weeks of Kindergarten. It has been quite an adjustment for him and his parents!! His teacher is as sweet as can be and is really good for Myles. On his first full day of school, he disappeared after I woke him up. I found him behind the couch, scared and sad. Come to find out, he didn't know who he was going to eat lunch with. Then it dawned on me we wouldn't be eating lunch as a family anymore this year. I nearly started to cry with him.
On an exciting note, he lost his first tooth!!! It has been loose for several weeks and finally last night at dinner, it just came out. Unfortunately, he lost it within an hour. The only that really seemed to care was me. I wanted to keep it. You know, for those motherly sentimental reasons. Each day I watch him walk into that school, so big and yet so young and small. A piece of my heart breaks and the tears have come freely these past 2 weeks. The last 5 years are gone. Those baby days are over and now he wants to be a big boy. I cherish every moment he is home from school now.

1 comment:

Reeses Pieces said...

So glad he's enjoying it. I hope this week goes smoothly for you and your family. Can't wait to hear about the new baby!