Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Few Good Laughs!

AS of yesterday, Toby was neutered. We finally did it!! As we were driving to get Toby, Myles, my curious one who needs to know everything, asked what kind of surgery Toby had. "Well, he was getting too hyper, so we had to take his boy parts out." The questions came fast. "How? Why? They cut him open? Did it hurt? How did he get to sleep? Can he pee?" As I lead my doped up dog to the van, Myles looks down between his legs. A look of horror washes over him!
"Mom, they took his balls out!!! Is Toby a girl now??!!"



We recently rented a cabin at ChickaSaw state park. We had arrived late in the evening and was unable to check-in and speak with anyone. As we approached our cabin, a big red signed greeted us, "NO PETS ALLOWED!!!" Oh Crap! My heart sank. We are in big trouble! Yes, we had brought the infamous Toby Wan Kanobe! Jeremy and I were discussing back and forth about what to do and the big trouble we could be in. We had planned on eating at the local buffet that features fine southern cusine. Once we Toby was settled in his kennel, we locked the door with the big red sign and walked away. Instantly Toby announced his displeasure at being locked up. His barking was loud and impatient. Jeremy and I had one thought,"lets get out of here before we are discovered."
At the restaurant, which was within walking distance, Myles announced to the waitress and the only other table that we had broken the rules. I was at the buffet helping myself to some fine southern fried catfish and black-eyed peas. My heart sank as I heard from my sweet, honest little boy:
"Do you know what? We have a dog. His name is Toby and he's in the cabin. And do you know what? The sign says no pets allowed. And do you know what? We are in BIG trouble!"
Jeremy's head hung low and his shoulders shook with laughter. I had to pick my jaw up from the floor and wonder,"Does this old lady without any front teeth have any connection to the caretakers?"



Samantha hs been very resourceful lately. She has figured out a way to get a facial for only 0.99 cents! No joke! On the way home from school the other day, she found a tube of lipstick that did the job. Even her baby doll was lucky enough to get the same deal. Too bad I missed out! A 0.99 cent facial is pretty cheap!


3 comments:

JaNan said...

I love kids honesty!

Anonymous said...

Oh Angela, I almost wet my pants from laughing so hard! Priceless!

grammy said...

Oh my goodness, I remember another little girl doing something similar, but not quite so thorough! I laughed till I cried!
Love you guys!
Grammie