Thursday, April 17, 2008

KIDS DO WHAT KIDS DO

So, we're at the dinner table & Sammie continues to put her hand in her water, then lick her hands. I keep getting after her, "Sammie, that's not good manners. Besides, (I'm just remembering, that I failed to have them wash their hands) you don't know where your hands have been."
Myles pipes up, "I know where her hands have been." (Sammie takes another lick.)
"Oh, yeah, where?"
"In dog poop." (Sammie takes another lick, I choke on my food.)
"WHAT?!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?" Sammie dunks her hand again and Myles tells the story.
"Yeah, we were really brave and picked up all the dog poop and made a pile of it."
Sammie (hands in water)"yeah, and we covered it with sticks in the hole. I was really brave."
"Did you do this with a shovel?"(I knew what the answer really was.)
"NO." (In unison)Showing me their hands, "We did it with our hands. We were brave. Are you proud of us Mamma?"
"Oh, I'm proud alright, but also grossed out. We never touch dog poop with our hands." In an instant I had them in the bathroom, and I scrubbed their hands. And yes, Samantha got a new glass of water.

1 comment:

shauna said...

Ha, ha! Hilarious story Angela! I miss you every time I read your posts. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. You go girl!