Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Toby the Dog


We finally went over the edge and bought a dog. Per Jeremy, it had to be a purebreed. We've got ourselves an AKC certified chocolate labrador retriever. And let me tell you, he is AKC certified to chew on everything in sight! The children have learned to keep their slippers on, lest their toes become his next victim. And there is no more running around barefoot in the backyard, because I don't think I have the stomach to clean dog poop off little toes. Oh, and have I mentioned the spots on my carpet? A few weeks after getting him, I noticed dark spots all over my carpet in our computer room. Toby is only allowed in the kitchen and computer room. At first I couldn't figure out what it was coming from, and then I noticed Toby walking around, hangin' loose with urine just dripping from you know what. AND he did not care. That is such a boy thing. Luckily I had planned on removing the carpet, this will just speed up the process.


Jeremy is proud of his pure breed and so is Myles. We don't even have to ask Myles to help us take care of him. He wants to do it. He loves that dog and Toby loves him. I think they will grow up to be best buds. Sammie is finally accustomed to having Toby greet her with one of those big knock-her-over hugs. At first she'd scream bloody murder. Now she just lays there quietly on the ground (Toby straddling her-his way of saying hello) and waits until I rescue her.


Despite all the work, we love our new addition. I wonder what he'll think of our next addition. Thank goodness it will come with diapers.

No comments: