Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Did I really do that?


So, today is my 34th birthday and all I can think about is what a dumb thing I did yesterday after school. I pulled in as usual and the kids were glued to the DVD (gotta love Barbie Diamond Castle). So I left them in the Toyota, finishing the last few minutes, while I put all the garbage to the curb. Anywhere from 5 to 8 minutes later, I'm walking up the driveway when all of sudden the Toyota starts moving forward and doesn't stop! My mind is boggled that the car is even moving. My first thought was Myles probably decided he was going to start driving. But how did he put it in drive? Besides, I noted all three kids were still buckled in, eyes glued to the TV screen. I'm thinkig all this as I run, jump in and put on the brakes. By then, the Toyota had "gently hit" the trailer in front of it. Still boggled at what just happened, I notice that I need to put it in park. I reverse back, put it in park and turn everything off (Much to the dismay of the kids watching Diamond Castle). I walk to the front bumper and sure enough, there is a long about 6 inch black scratch on my white car. Oh dear... I think I left the car in drive when I got out to take the garbage to the curb. Did I really just do that? How could anyone get out of their car and leave it in drive????????????? I think I just did.

2 comments:

shauna said...

Oh my goodness, I have nightmares about stuff like that. Glad there wasn't anything worse than a scratch.

Reeses Pieces said...

Oh no that's funny. At least you can admit your silly mistakes.