Tuesday, July 14, 2009

CAMP DESTIN


Our family survived CAMP DESTIN! My children are true campers at heart. We literally camped on the beach in Destin, Fl for 8 days-and I rarely heard them complain. We survived 2 big storms, 100 degree weather, sand in every crevice you can imagine, and a sinus rinse everytime a wave tossed us round like a rag doll. We went down with our cousins and had the time of our life! It was the first time I've seen the Emerald Coast and I loved it!
We saw sting rays, turtles, crabs, a barricuda and lots of lizards! Samantha's favorite part was chasing the crabs at night; I just loved hearing her squeal with delight. She was the only one brave enough to pick them up.
We made sand castle after sand castle, Daddy taught us how to boogie board. I think he had more fun watching me tumble and make a fool of myself. I just couldn't get the hang of it. Nearly took me all week.
We went through alot of sunscreen. We'd get burned in places that I thought the sun never saw-our behinds. I realized the sun rays were reflecting off the crystal white sand.
It really felt like a vacation. We were in an oasis despite being in such a busy tourist city. No phones, T.V.s or constant commotion. It was very peaceful. We had plenty of space to run and enjoy the sun. The campground was immaculate and the people so friendly. We can't wait to book a trip next year.-The only thing that didn't survive was our van. We had to take it easy going home. Unfortunately (or fortunately) we will need to buy a new one soon.

5 comments:

shauna said...

You are so cute! I love the music and pictures. Glad to hear the trip was a good one. Looks like it was a blast!

Reeses Pieces said...

How fun and how very brave of you. I bet your kids loved every minute of it!

Amy said...

That sounds like so much fun. I think that I am going to give it a try. Maybe not for 8 days though. ;)

HJ said...

WOW!!! sounds so fun and different then the camping I'm used to. We did a week at Tetons last week and it was NOTHING like what you described. Glad you had such a great time.

Anonymous said...

I love the music and pictures....
Trip was a awesome... Looks like it was a blast!Glad you had such a great time....thanks..

Reenee
Best Affordable Security Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV