Friday, December 11, 2009

Awfully Good Pumpkin Waffles



My next recipe is another family favorite. I usually make it around the holiday season between October and December. We chow down on these. If I want leftovers, I have to double it. While I was making them, I discovered my camera battery had died. So, you'll have to be a patient. I will make these again real soon and then you'll get the idea of how they turn out. As the Swiss would say, "En guete!"

2 c. whole wheat flour 2 Tbsp. brown sugar 1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. nutmeg 1/4 tsp. ginger

First mix these dry ingredients and set aside. In another bowl mix together the following wet ingredients.

1-3/4 c. milk(I use buttermilk) 1 c. canned pumpkin
2 egg yolks (save eggwhites) 3 Tbsp. melted butter

Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy.
In a small bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Gently fold beaten egg whites into pumkin mixture, leaving a few puffs of egg white.

Pour onto your waffle iron and cook according to its direction.

Ya'll let me know what you think! You too Maria!!

2 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

So if you use whole wheat they must have zero calories right haha~!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!!! I've copied the recipe and got it on file! Thanks for all the recipes!