Tuesday, May 26, 2009

You can always get what You want!!

A long time ago, back when Myles was a little over two maybe three, I had a way of diverting my kids attention when they didn't get what they wanted. (i.e. when Mom says no). I would sing this song to them, "you can't always get what you want...". Just recently I took Sammie shopping with me. We went into Ann Taylor to see if they had any good deals. It was very quiet when we walked in, but not for long. Samantha belted out, "Mom you know, you can't always get what you want.." All eyes on me. I just chuckled. Our children now know what we will say to them if they begin to whine. I've heard Myles singing this same song when he is getting dressed. Are there any studies of what happens to kids with early exposure to Rolling Stones?

3 comments:

Burrowing In said...

I was exposed very, very early to The Rolling Stones. You Can't Always Get What You Want is a song that my parents' friend used to dance me to sleep. He was the only one who could do it, and it worked every time. Still love that song!

Burrowing In said...

And what I forgot to say was, take from that what you will as far as early exposure and how one turns out.

Reeses Pieces said...

Haha, that's funny! Don't worry there's lots of things in Anne Taylor I want but can't get also!